Foster Gallery hosting a reception featuring the creative research of 10 BFA candidates

‘Prismatic’ closing reception at 4:30 p.m. on Dec 16 will mark the end of the senior BFA exhibition
From Nov. 27 to Dec. 17, 10 Bachelor of Fine Arts candidates had their creative research displayed in the Foster Art Gallery. Hannah Polzin, a fifth-year ceramics student, used her work to explore “the delicate balance between decorative art and functional objects.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Fifth-year graphic design student Kaden Ofstad creates his paintings by incorporating collage elements and childhood artifacts from his past to show how “youth is fleeting.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
“I typically start off with an oil painting portrait of who I was back then,” Ofstad said. “Then, I add collage elements of hyper fixations of my own or things others are passionate about to add a personal touch.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Carly Bowar, a fifth-year graphic design student, created her piece “Informed Ink”’ to feature “the tangible pieces of history (she) surrounds (herself) with.” Bowar deems herself a collector who uses her collectibles to “narrate the details of (her) life with the stories they tell. (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Fifth-year graphic design student Chris Gale made a short film to highlight his passion for visual storytelling and his “likes, interests, and ways of processing the world.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Fifth-year painting and drawing student Megan Miller created her series “Collective Spaces” as a “personal exploration of some of the environments that hold emotional significance to her.”
(Photo by Mary Allessi)
Emily Popp, a fifth-year graphic design student, used photography, design, paint, color and physical items to “clean up the messy pieces of (her) personal growth and immortalize (her) memories in tidy categories.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Fifth-year illustration student Scout McKnight is a comic illustrator who created “I Don’t Know What I’m Doing” to “explore the lives of (his) created characters.”
(Photo by Mary Allessi)
Jackson Orta, a fifth-year photography student, featured a short film titled “Felt it in my skin, but not my bones,” four photographs and three portfolio books documenting the conflicts associated with growing up queer and mixed and the journey of growing into himself. (Photo by Mary Allessi)
Cassandra Carlson, a fifth-year graphic design student, exhibited “Colorspace,” a plexiglass color theory sculpture, and a zine detailing “the physics of light, color theory and the emotive capacities of color.” (Photo by Mary Allessi)
August Carlson, a fifth-year illustration student, created his series “Resurrections” to “embrace the joys of storytelling through themes of fantasy, nature, escapism and queer identity.”
(Photo by Mary Allessi)