EC Eats: Chick-Fil-A opens in Eau Claire

The legendary chicken chain has made its way to Wisconsin

Ever since getting to college, my roommate and I have randomly craved Chick-fil-A. We both love the fast food chain and initially bonded over our love for their fries and sauce. So much so that our first time meeting each other was at a Chick-fil-A near our hometowns.

All of this led us to getting in the car on Thursday night and heading across town to partake in the opening night of the Eau Claire Chick-Fil-A. 

Clearly, we weren’t the only ones in town with this idea. 

Upon arriving, we were met with a line that stretched down the road, far away from Chick-fil-A. Despite this, we were determined to get through the line, no matter how long it took. 

This determination got us through the line in a little under an hour, the longest I have ever waited in a drive-thru line in my life. 

The girl who helped us order was very sweet and kept the positive energy up, even though she was standing outside in 20-degree weather. I have a lot of respect for all of the Chick-fil-A employees working that night, especially because of how chaotic it was. 

I ordered chicken strips, waffle fries and a chocolate shake (my specialty) while my roommate asked for chicken nuggets, waffle fries and a Sunjoy, a signature Chick-fil-A drink that combines sweet tea and lemonade. 

Along with our food, we also asked for multiple packets of Chick-fil-A sauce, a must-have when visiting the restaurant. 

After receiving our food, we drove back to our dorm room to indulge in the coveted food, waiting to eat until we got there, despite the tempting aroma spreading throughout the car. 

Once we were seated on our couch, we started going through the bag and dividing our food. Suddenly, we realized they never gave us straws. 

Thankfully, this was our only complaint of the night. 

The food was delicious and made us want more, as most Chick-fil-A meals make us feel. I drank my milkshake in the cup, spilling some over myself which is just fine. It still tasted amazing. 

Opening night brought in many Chick-fil-A lovers across the city, leading to “never-ending” lines and minutes full of patience. 

As one of the excited restaurant goers that night, I can confirm it was worth the patience and waiting once I had my first bite of chicken dipped in sauce. 

Even though they forgot our straws, we adjusted and didn’t let the accident ruin our experience. 

The adventure and the food were worth every second, and I highly recommend making the drive and paying the money to try it for yourself. 

While the wait may seem long, the first bite of food will make sitting in your car or walking into the building seem like no big deal. 

The newest chicken joint in Eau Claire is up and running, and you don’t want to miss it. 

Chick-fil-A is open Monday-Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday-Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., according to Chick-fil-A.

Hokanson can be reached at [email protected].