Dave Being Brave: 9/27/12

“Yikes.” or “What were you thinking?” or “That’s embarrassing.”

These are all accurate descriptions of my picks for last week.

I didn’t know that Jonathan Dwyer was questionable I swear! And I also didn’t know he would go backwards every time he touched the ball.

He got -2 points and Dez Bryant got 6 points. Maybe I shouldn’t be so brave this week. But I probably will.

Jamaal Charles finally woke up from his slumber and decided to rush for like a million yards. When I say a million yards of course mean 233 yards and a TD.

He led all fantasy performers for week 3 and now can be substituted in as a good number two running back option, if he keeps this up, even a number one choice possibly.

In other news, I finally got the monkey off my back and won a game in “The Spectator” league. I whipped on News Editor Chris Reinoos 99-62 taking me from the realm of the consistently beaten.

Thank you RGIII for 24 points and thank you Darren McFadden for rushing for more than 22 yards like two weeks ago.

One thing I would have loved to do this week that I didn’t do was to play Torrey Smith. Not only did he have 24 points, but his little brother died not 24 hours previous to the game’s kickoff.

He could have not played, he could have stayed home, but he came out and played. Not only did he play, but he caught six passes for 127 yards and two scores.

Should have played the heartfelt story there.

Looking at the team “Multiple Gore-Gasms” for my matchup next week, I’m not even worried about not increasing my record to 2-2.

But just in case you’re worried about your team next week here are some picks that are sure to make your team better.

Unlike last week. Forget last week.

Texans TE Owen Daniels
    Remember when Dante Rosario caught three TD passes? That was against Tennessee. Gronk had a TD week 1 versus Tennessee too. Keeping with the trend here saying that the Wisconsin native will produce.

Panthers RB Deangelo Williams
    Even though the Falcons are 3-0, they have given up 5.0 yards per carry in the first three games. The running attack could be a viable option for the Panthers this week.