Dave Being Brave

Okay, so I was wrong. I got whipped the first week.

Who could have foreseen Fred Jackson’s squeamish leg injury that would limit him to only six carries and 15 yards though? In fantasy speak, that’s one point.

At least his replacement had a good game going off for 169 yards and a touchdown. You go C.J. Spiller. I’m picking you up for next week that’s for sure.

Another thing — I thought Chris Johnson would wake up from his sub-par 2011-2012 season. Not a good start with that assumption. The one time elusive, sneaky, quick running back was held to four yards rushing on 11 carries. That’s bad.

I’m not trying to make excuses why I lost this week — cough cough — Wes Welker had 14 yards, because “Team Hart” deserves some credit, because he put out a good team.

The guy who did not attend the draft, didn’t set his lineup and is still considered “Team Hart” beat me. I have some work to do.

My brave picks from last week weren’t bad. Antonio Brown hit 70 yards, but got eluded by that touchdown catch, which instead went to Mike Wallace.

Matt Forte was a beast, scoring 18 points in our league, ranking him 7th amongst running backs in the first week of fantasy, not including the Monday night games. This week’s picks will be even better.

Looking back at the highest point production guys from Sunday, some surprising names pop up.

C.J. Spiller, the highly touted running back out of Clemson a couple of years ago, thrived in the first week after Jackson’s injury racking up 22 points.

Alfred Morris is next. Who is Alfred Morris you ask? Exactly. Alfred Morris is the running back out in Washington standing next to Robert Griffin III in the backfield.

The rookie out of Florida Atlantic University was a sixth-round draft pick in the 2012 NFL Draft and decided that he wanted to play pretty well in his debut. He scored 21 points off of 96 rushing yards and two touchdowns.

After Sunday’s games Robert Griffin III, or RG3 is your second best QB in terms of fantasy point production, and if you had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones on your team you would have combined for 53 points. This total is not far away from how many points my team had this week.

Quite an interesting week of football to start off the season, I mean the Packers lost? We’re not going to see that very much this season. This week could all be a fluke.

“Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe” will be taking on the Editor in Chief’s “Wet Hot Americans” this week in fantasy football, and Dave needs to make some potential changes to the lineup.

For all of you fantasy freaks out there, here are some brave picks for you to try to boost your point total for next week!

Chiefs WRs Dwayne Bowe and Dexter McCluster
    One of these guys is going to get a lot of points this week. The Jets offense is pathetic and put up 48 on the Bills. I like these two.

Panthers QB Cam Newton
    If RG3 can tear up New Orleans’ D in his first game in the NFL, the taller, bigger, faster, more experienced Cam Newton can do the same.