Quite Frankly: The top 10 stories in Fantasy Football

1. Good RBs are scarce
    Naturally, because there are less of them on each team, a good running back is always hard to find. Unfortunately, dependable running backs have been particularly scarce this year because of injuries or underachievement. If you’ve got good ones, keep them. And if you don’t, try to get them while you can.

2. Good WRs are plentiful
    While good backs have been hard to find, more and more capable wide receivers have been stepping up. Most of the usual suspects have been doing their thing, and
    to the liking of many owners, plenty of new stars continue to rise.

3. Vick is a beast
    In case you’ve been on a different planet the last two Sundays, Michael Vick is back. Unless your starter is named Peyton, Aaron or Drew, this guy deserves legit consideration as a starter each week.

4. Treat Gates like a WR
    Right now Antonio Gates is tied for the league lead in receiving touchdowns with four. Did I mention he is “just” a tight end? Gates owners should treat him like an extra receiver each week, and plan their strategies accordingly.

5. Fitzgerald hurt by team
    Now that he has a shotty quarterback throwing to him, Larry Fitzgerald has struggled more than many thought he would. With Anquan Boldin’s off-season departure they now lack another offensive threat on the team, and opposing defenses can key in on Fitzgerald. All that plus three subpar weeks and you can see why skepticism is starting to grow for the guy.

6. Charles limited by touches
    Although Jamaal Charles is clearly the more explosive back in Kansas City, starter Thomas Jones is still getting twice as many touches. I’m not saying to get rid of him (see item 1), but don’t be surprised with some slow weeks.

7. Tomlinson has value
    He’s certainly not the LaDainian Tomlinson of old, but he could add depth to any roster. Shonn Greene is still technically the starting back for the Jets, but Tomlinson seems to be getting just as many touches, if not more. Don’t expect too much of a flash from the past, but he could definitely help a team in need (again, see item 1).

8. Steeler’s brick wall D
    There are two parts to this one. Obviously if you have the Steeler’s D/ST, make sure you hold on to them. But, more importantly, be hesitant when your players go up against them. They’ve given up just 33 points in three games and force a lot of turnovers. If you decide to keep your guys in against them, make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into.

9. Clayton can be trusted
    Mark Clayton is the only receiving threat in St. Louis, so expect his early success to continue all year. Rookie QB Sam Bradford has struggled at times, but can get him the ball. No reason to be cautious with this one.

10. Expect more from Gore
    You heard it here first. I truly think Frank Gore has potential to challenge as one of the top Fantasy scorers this year if he can stay healthy. He is a workhorse and incredibly consistent. If you’re against him, hope the opposing defense can contain him. And if you own him, hold on and enjoy the ride.