Cheap Thrills: Grizzly’s Grill N’ Saloon

If one were to want a “Six Dollar Burger” for a price less than six dollars, Hardees normally would be the place to go. But for those who may want a “Six Dollar Burger” at a price as low as Hardees’, but with the ambience of the sit-down type of restaurant, then Grizzly’s Grill N’ Saloon, 2620 E. Clairemont Ave., is the place to find it.

Every Tuesday, Grizzly’s offers a “2 on Tuesday” deal. Customers are able to purchase two burgers, served with their choice of seasoned fries, soup, cole slaw or potato salad for $6.99.

Junior Courtney Wood has gone to Grizzly’s twice with an organization she belongs to, once during fall semester 2006 and once during spring semester 2007.

“I found out from my organization. We generally go as a group after (giving blood at) blood drives in order to raise our iron levels,” Wood said. “I don’t get to go that often, but when I do it is fun to go. It is a really good deal.”

Senior Mallory Chase, president of the organization that Wood goes to Grizzly’s with, has been going to the “2 for Tuesdays” on and off for about a year.

“I go because it is a really good deal. You get two huge burgers for the price of one. Being a college student, it helps to save money,” Chase said.

Chase was also quick to add that the event is becoming something that members of the organization seem to look forward to.

“It seems to have become a long standing tradition,” Chase said.

For those who may not be of the burger crowd and would rather divulge into buffalo wings, a special for them is only a day away.

On Wednesday’s, Grizzly’s offers “Wing-It Wednesday” where customers can purchase either two pounds of chicken wings and a 60 ounce pitcher of domestic beer for $10.99 or one pound of chicken wings and a 22 ounce pitcher of beer for only $6.99.

Although Grizzly’s offers no food specials for vegetarians, they may opt to take advantage of the specials that Grizzly’s offers on Tuesday and Thursday.

Tuesday is known as “Titanic Tuesday” at Grizzly’s, where Titanic Teas (22 ounce Long Island, Long Beach, Alaskan, Hawaiian or Tropical) cost $2.95.

Thursday on the other hand, not surprisingly called “Thirsty Thursday,” customers can get Grizzly’s Original Margaritas (regular or strawberry) for $2.95.