Police Blotter

A threatening email makes a woman feel unsafe, drug case follow-up keeps cops looking for answers

More stories from Lauren Kritter


Threatening email

An officer was called around 5 p.m. on Oct. 26 to investigate a threatening email sent to a woman in Putnam Hall.

The officer read the email and indicated it was an email scam, according to the police report. The email sender advised they were a hired hit person paid to assassinate someone. According to the report, the email explained if requested money was given, said person wouldn’t be killed.

It also stated that the person had been stalking her for over a week and not to turn them into the police or FBI, otherwise they might be pushed to assassinate.

The email was sent from a man named Michael David from an email address that was the woman’s own address. It did not contain any specific information about the woman who received it, according to the report.

The officer advised the woman the email was a scam and not to respond to it or pay any money to anyone. The woman then stated she had not done either yet and doesn’t plan to.

According to the report, the woman had no recent disputes with anyone causing her to receive this email and has not received any other threatening emails.

The police informed her to keep in contact with them if the threatening emails continue.

Shopping for pieces

On Oct. 21 a woman parked her Giant brand mountain bike in the Schofield Hall bike rack. According to the police report, she locked the bike to the stand in the middle of the racks.

When the woman returned two days later to use her bike, she discovered someone had removed items from her bike. According to the report, both bike tires, rims and a bike light were missing. The woman had no indication of who might have stolen the items.

According to the report, the woman said the tires and rims cost a total of around $200 and the bike light was an additional $30.

The police advised the woman to find out the brands of the missing items in case they were located and fill out a loss or damages form and return it to University Police office as soon as possible.

Double Check

A follow-up on a drug case occurred around 10:45 p.m. on Nov. 11.

Two officers went to the room located in Horan hall, observed the light was on and heard voices and the sound of a television inside.

One of the officers knocked on the door. A male subject opened the door and gave the officers consent to enter. Four other males were seated inside the room, according to the police report.

The officers explained to them that they were following up on the drug complaint from Nov. 1.

An odor of marijuana was detected coming from their room the night before, according to the police report. The two males who resided in the room denied marijuana use and said they “lived on a substance-free floor.”

When the officers asked why the men did not answer the door when they knocked the first night, they said they were at a house party for Halloween. When the officers said they heard rustling inside the room, the men said some of their friends know their door combination but do not believe any of them would have been inside their room smoking marijuana.

After denying having marijuana and illegal items, they gave consent to search their possessions. No items of interest were found.