New chancellor will be selected by Feb. 10

John Koenig

UW-Eau Claire’s seventh chancellor may be selected as early as next week, and will officially be appointed by Feb. 10.
All four candidates, which were selected by UW-Eau Claire’s Search and Screen Committee, are visiting campus this week. The committee is comprised of students, faculty and community members.

Jim Perry, campus executive officer and dean at UW-Fox Valley, and Sharon Hahs, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, spoke to students, faculty and staff earlier this week.

Royce Engstrom, provost and vice president for academic affairs at the University of South Dakota will meet with students at 1:30 p.m. today in the Badger Room of Davies Center and will address students, faculty, staff and community members at an open forum at 3 p.m. today in Schofield Auditorium.

Brian Levin Stankevich, interim president at Eastern Washington University, will meet with students at 1:30 p.m. Friday in the Wisconsin room in Davies Center and will give his address at 3 p.m. Friday in Hibbard Hall room 100.

After meeting with the candidates, individuals may fill out an online feedback form at

http://www.uwec.edu/chancellor/search/survey.htm.

Geology department chair and chair of the Chancellor Search and Screen Committee Bob Hooper will present the feedback to the UW Board of Regents on Saturday.
The Board’s Special Committee for the UW-Eau Claire Chancellor Search will consider the candidates at its Jan. 30 meeting and the entire board will vote at its meeting on Feb. 9.