Internship mania for employers and students

Employers have an opportunity to recruit student interns during Internship Mania. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5, in the Council Fire Room of Davies Center.

For the fifth consecutive year, Academic and Career Services and various student organizations will sponsor the event that includes employer booths highlighting internship opportunities. Last year approximately 1,500 students and 100 employers attended the event.

Internship Mania allows local employers to recruit interns and future permanent employees, to promote their businesses to Eau Claire students and faculty and to develop a working relationship with the university community.

“Internship Mania allows students to do some face-to-face networking with a variety of employers,” said Eileen Oswald, a career counselor at Eau Claire and Internship Mania coordinator.

Oswald believes that interning is a critical task for students of all majors.

“In the past internships were looked at as optional,” she said. “But now they’ve almost become a required part of a student’s liberal arts degree program.”

Employers interested in purchasing booth space can register by going online at the Internship Mania Web site, http://imania.uwec.edu. Online registration will allow employers to receive immediate confirmation via e-mail and the ability to update their registration online prior to the event.

Early registration is suggested, as space is limited. Registration for the event costs $75, which includes booth space, valet parking, morning brunch and noon meal for representatives.

Employers interested in attending but do not have the funding for such an event may apply for an employer scholarship. Contact Oswald for more information at (715) 836-5358 or send e-mail to [email protected].