Search continues for missing student

Investigators’ search for a missing UW-Eau Claire student yielded no results during the weekend, despite efforts on land and in the air.

Authorities began searching the Chippewa River and Half Moon Lake, as well as residential areas, for junior Michael J. Noll, said Eau Claire Police Sgt. Steve Page.

Noll was last seen at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, his 22nd birthday, while leaving Nasty Habit, 341 Water St.

Friends told police Noll was “very intoxicated” when they last saw him leaving the bar, said Deputy Chief Gary Foster, of the Eau Claire Police Department.

Police do not suspect foul play, said Sgt. Ed Sturgal of the Eau Claire Police Department.

The Civil Air Patrol has flown over all bodies of water in the area but had to cease the search Sunday because of cloudy skies.

Page said with permitting weather, the air search would resume today.

Officers have concentrated efforts on shorelines and neighborhoods but have not found any sign of the Rochester, Minn. native.

Police have been talking with Noll’s friends and classmates, as well as employees at the bars he was in Wednesday.

It’s possible Noll collapsed while walking and authorities haven’t been able to locate him, Page said.

Friends posted more than 200 posters around campus and the city in an effort to find the biology education major.

Noll is 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighs about 165 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue polo, khakis and a white cap.

Anybody with information is advised to call the police at 839-4972.