Second Jersey Mike’s Subs shop opens in Eau Claire

Jersey Mike’s Subs on Golf Road has its grand opening with a fundraiser for Memorial High School
Photo by Taylor Boggess
Jersey Mike’s Subs new store on 4732 Golf Rd.

Eau Claire’s second Jersey Mike’s Subs shop on Golf Road on Feb. 14. In celebration of its opening, the sub shop had a fundraiser from Feb. 14-18 to help raise money for Memorial High School.

Customers were given a special coupon from students or from Jersey Mike’s and when they donated from $1-$3, they would receive a free sub. The coupons were distributed before the event.

Justin West, store manager, said he was excited to run his own store and to see what this team could achieve. This will be West’s first store he is running on his own.

“I am excited to run my own store,” West said. “I’m excited to see them grow. And see them improve each other, and make sure they can make great sandwiches.”

Katie Turbert, the area manager, said they had been working hard to train the team. She said they focus on helping each other the most and ensuring it is cohesive.

“We learn how to work in a workplace, and develop in a way,” Turbert said. “This team has come together in a great way. It’s been really fun in the past week. It’s just amazing to see everyone come together, and I am excited to see how many people the store brings in.”

Turbert said she wanted to be able to get Jersey Mike’s Subs to the south side of Eau Claire and was happy with the support the store received,

“Another way of saying that would be to share with all of these residents,” Turbert said. “Subs here are amazing as well as the brand itself. So it’s just really nice to feel that kind of support. And then to share that with the community.”

West said he has a goal to make this store number one in Wisconsin.

“The goal is hopefully in the future to make this store the number one store of Wisconsin,” West said. “That would be the best advantage of the year. Wisconsin then maybe out of all the stores.”

Turbert also said she has big goals to sell so many subs to beat other franchises.

“We would like to hit 300 a day,” Turbert said. “Wipe the pants off of all the other franchises, make this store number one.”

Jersey Mike’s is known to be a sub shop with fresh-cut meat and their way of topping the sandwiches, also known as “Mike’s Ways.”

Turbert says that “Mike’s Way” is what made them famous and it is phenomenal, and something all guests should try when coming in.

“It’s important to know when you’re ordering the subs here, is what makes us famous,” Turbert said. “‘Mike’s Way’ is onions, lettuce, tomato and our famous juices and spices. It is phenomenal. So if you come in, you definitely want to try it that way.”

Boggess can be reached at [email protected].