The cozy corner show

Andie Wyne performs last show at 200 Main Art & Wine
Photo by Ella Oestreicher
The warm exterior of 200 Main Art & Wine in downtown Eau Claire

Local artist Andie Wyne performed the night of Wednesday, Sept. 13, for one of the last shows at 200 Main Art & Wine Gallery before its relocation.

Wyne put on a solo performance with her acoustic guitar. She covered indie folk songs and shared some of her original songs as well.

Wyne said she started her path toward her music career at a young age. Wyne said she took music lessons and started writing her own songs at the age of 15.

When Wyne was in high school, she was very ashamed of her songs. She said she refused to play them for anybody, including her parents.

According to Wyne, once she started to write songs she related to more she became inspired to share her music with others. Wyne said her music now serves as a form of therapy.

“It’s a way I get things out and process emotions and events in my life,” Wyne said.

Wyne said sharing her music gives her a way to connect with others through the experiences she puts in her songs.

“That shared experience helps me feel less alone, and helps others feel less alone,” Wyne said.

Initially, Wyne said she had no idea what she was getting herself into after her first open mic at the Pablo Center. She said all she knew was that her performance was met with an overwhelmingly positive reaction. 

Since then, Wyne has recorded her first extended play, “Ten Oh Four Timeless.” She has her music out on Spotify. Wyne said she plans to release her second album later this fall. She also said she plans to go on tour in the near future.

On the night of Wyne’s performance, her boss, the owner of DaVinci Therapeutic Massage, Kari Tatu, was present.

Tatu said she had known Wyne for several years and had been friends with Wyne’s parents for even longer. Tatu said she finds Wyne’s music produces a relaxed chill vibe that holds a lot of emotion.

Wyne said she was amazed Tatu was able to make it to her performance, considering Tatu’s tight schedule. Wyne said she has also received lots of support from her family and friends who were also present at her show.

The venue Wyne played at, 200 Main Art & Wine, functions as a hub for musicians to perform, according to the owner, Sean Chambers. 200 Main hosts live music events three to four times a week.

Chambers said 200 Main hosts a wide variety of music in order to gather all sorts of different crowds. According to Chambers, any artist is welcome to come in to set up a gig. 

“I just love giving people the opportunity to express their creative outlet to the public,” Chambers said.

Chambers said he met Wyne through other local artists who perform at 200 Main. According to Chambers, Wyne was one of the last artists to perform at 200 Main’s current location before the store reopens on Barstow Street. 

Chambers said, although 200 Main is moving locations and changing its name to 2 Roots Gallery, he plans to maintain the same concept of 200 Main, the concept of people gathering to appreciate art and wine.

2 Roots Gallery is expected to reopen in early October, according to Chambers.

Oestreicher can be reached at [email protected].