Quite Frankly: The best wide receivers

I have a confession to make.

I offered up a trade in one of my leagues and it was turned down. No, I don’t have issues with rejection, there is more to the story.

The other owner then called me later saying he had reconsidered and now wanted to make the same trade he had rejected earlier. I quickly agreed with him over the phone and then told him to offer it up online. Then, after some long consideration, I broke a cardinal rule of Fantasy football.

I went back on a trade that had already been agreed on. I ignored texts on my phone and any other interaction with him until I finally broke the news. He wasn’t happy.

Was I an ass for doing this? Yes. Do I feel bad about it? No.

The moral of the story is regardless of whether your image will be tarnished in the league, you should always do what’s best for your team.

Shake off all the haters, and you’ll recover. That’s what I always say. Except I’ve never actually said that before.

After listing my top-10 Fantasy running backs last week, I’ll be breaking down which wide receivers I think will score the most points the rest of the way.

Like I said last week, it’s important to note that this is who I think will score the most points for the remainder of the season.

1. Roddy White, Falcons

Roddy is a very unique name and he is a very unique wide receiver. Prior to his minor injury last week, he had double-digit Fantasy points in every game but one.

His knee might hold him back again this week since the Falcons have the Thursday game, but there should be nothing to worry about the rest of the way. Look for Roddy to consistently put up huge numbers, especially in PPR leagues.

2. Hakeem Nicks, Giants

Hakeem could also be considered a very unique name, and again, for a very unique receiver.

He has a monster body and looks like a man among boys on the field. Unlike many guys his size though, he’s speedy and carries his frame better than most.

For someone who many thought would be the third best receiver on his own team, he has already more than exceeded expectations. He has been dominant in all of the games he has been healthy.

I stress the phrase when he’s “been healthy.” If the guy can stay on the field the rest of the season, don’t be surprised if he ends up at the top of this list.

3. DeSean Jackson, Eagles

Wow, what a unique name DeSean is. And gee, what a unique receiver he is. I sense a theme here.

DeSean is fast. I mean fast.

As long as Chris Johnson isn’t around, he’s potentially the fastest person on the field at any given point. He uses that speed to run right under any deep ball Michael Vick can throw in his direction.

Speaking of Vick, nobody has benefitted more from his greatly improved play than DeSean. As long as Vick is around, expect DeSean to reap the benefits.

4. Terrell Owens, Bengals

Terrell is a unique … OK, I’ll stop with that.

Owens’ name is pretty embarrassing for me to write here. Mostly because my roommate has him on his team, and I’ve been telling him to deal T.O. every single week.

I have to be honest, though — I’m finally convinced. Owens does indeed still have something left in the tank, and he has somehow evolved into the No. 1 guy in Cinci.

So long as his teammate Chad Ochocinco keeps the drama to a minimum about not getting the ball enough, Owens is going to continue to tally up one heck of a season.

Oh, and he does a totally badass mime celebration.

5. Calvin Johnson, Lions

With a nickname like Megatron, how can I not have this guy in my top-five? He is in a similar situation as Hakeem, in that if he can stay healthy, I expect big, big numbers from him.

It’s seriously like watching a game of 500 from grade school anytime a ball is chucked in the air and he somehow manages to get it. I don’t even care about who his QB is the rest of the way; you or I could throw TDs to him.

If it weren’t for his injury potential, he’d be much higher on the list.

Best of the rest

6. Percy Harvin, Vikings
    7. Greg Jennings, Packers
    8. Andre Johnson, Texans
    9. Reggie Wayne, Colts
    10.LarryFitzgerald, Cardinals