Titans top ‘Golds

In a game that had only 13 turnovers, the Eau Claire men’s basketball team found itself with the advantage at halftime against the No. 18 ranked Oshkosh Titans in Oshkosh.

That lead would only last as long as the Blugolds did, as the Titans amounted a comeback and beat Eau Claire 76-62.

Senior Jason Larson scored a team-high 29 points and dished out four assists. Sophomores Nate Beck and Dan Archambault put in 12 and 11 points respectively.

The game started off with a two-point jumper by Archambault to give Eau Claire the early lead. Oshkosh then regained momentum, holding an 8-6 lead with 14 minutes, 57 seconds left to play in the half. A three-pointer by Larson changed that, but Oshkosh would score a layup on their next possession to hold a close advantage throughout the half.

With Oshkosh up 32-27 and 1:32 remaining in the half, they looked to pad the lead. Two three-point buckets by Larson put the momentum in the Blugold’s hands as they walked into the locker room with the lead.

The Blugold’s fortune would run dry, however, as Oshkosh grabbed the advantage with 13:14 remaining in the game and never looked back.

The loss drops the Blugold’s record to 14-9 overall and 6-8 in the WIAC. The team will look to rebound against No. 14 ranked UW-Whitewater Saturday in Zorn Arena.