Coffee: the wonder bean

As I sit here drinking a cup of fantastic Folgers Breakfast Blend coffee, I understand that the best part of waking up truly is Folgers in my cup.

Without coffee, millions of people would be zombies every morning, crashing their bikes into poles on their commute to work, wearing their clothes inside out or even trying to bathe in their sprinklers outside or something. That would not be good.

According to a 2009 CBS News study, over 50 percent of Americans drink coffee every single day, and I am going to argue that coffee is the most beneficial drink we have out there.

Let’s consider the other popular types of beverages, shall we?

— Soda pop: Gives you a little jolt of energy once in a while, yet is bad for
your teeth.
— Energy drinks: Let’s not even start on the crashes that those things give you. You’re on cloud nine one minute and the next you’re drooling on the homework you were so excited to get finished.
— Milk: Yummy for breakfast and cereal and an occasional “I’ll have you with my cookies!”
— Alcohol: More than likely the worst for you. Turns any respectable man or woman into a complete messy slob with no morals whatsoever.
— Juice: Nature’s nectar. It is quite delicious especially with your bagel and oatmeal at breakfast time.

But we are talking about the most beneficial here. Coffee can make you get up and take on the world and is instantaneously successful in getting a person motivated, is moderately cheap and enables you to do something with your life instead of sleeping until one in the afternoon.

Alcohol is not going to do that for you, I can guarantee you that. While it might make you rambunctious and make you get up and go, you most certainly aren’t doing anything productive with your life when you’re drinking alcohol.

Juice and milk are good for being healthy and whatnot, but are not as beneficial as the wonder bean is.
Let’s take a look at some other interesting things about coffee.

Did you know that the coffee bean is actually a fruit? Yeah, it comes from the pit of a fruit and is the seed of a fruit that generally resembles a cherry. This has to make it good for you, right?

Coffee is usually only able to be grown in “the Coffee Belt” which is between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer. Thank you to Hawaii for being the only place in America that can help us grow coffee.

According to justaboutcoffee.com, coffee is also extremely profitable.

Coffee is the second most commonly used product in the world behind oil. 1.4 billion cups are estimated to be consumed daily, it is the second most common drink in the world behind water and it is worth over 30 billion euros ($38.7 billion) annually.

And for those reasons, coffee is the most beneficial drink in the world, and pretty much just makes the world go round.