An Orlando Circus

Heck no they won’t go. But maybe they should.

According to a Sept. 22 Associated Press article, each night a half dozen protestors camp outside the Orlando home of missing 3-year-old Caylee Anthony demanding a confession from her mother and grandparents regarding the child’s disappearance. After months there is still no answer to whether Caylee is dead or alive, and protestors are compelled to continue taunting the family until they get answers to the unusual circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

Those who continuously picket the Anthony house are out of line. Despite the speculation surrounding the Anthony family and their involvement in Caylee’s disappearance, the actions of these people are undermining the judicial system and creating a nightmare for the police to deal with.

America prides itself on the belief everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but these individuals are setting a dangerous precedent by assuming guilt with no evidence.

The picketers may be hoping for answers, but their actions likely won’t get one. Instead, the picketers may cause emotional breakdowns by either the mother or the grandparents. Continually pestering the family could additionally make them less likely to help authorities in the future, and in the case of the mother, could make her more resistant to offer insight into the circumstances surrounding the child’s disappearance.

By doing what they are doing, they also are affecting those who live near the Anthony family and who had nothing to do with the event in question. These neighbors have kids, and the constant picketing and harassment is putting them in danger and exposing them to things that could negatively affect them emotionally in the future.

Essentially, the group has lost sight of the real goal and just wants to make the lives of the mother and grandparents a living hell. Instead, the group should put their efforts into things more constructive in order to find Caylee. Simply picketing and pestering her family won’t bring Caylee back.