Wacko Jacko’s career over

Chris Kemp

Michael Jackson. Even uttering his name gives me a massive case of the heebie-jeebies.

I’ll admit, as much as I try not to pay attention to the media hype of the Jackson trial, it’s just so twisted and bizarre that it’s almost impossible not to be intrigued.

However, before any of the child molestation charges and the slow deterioration of Jackson’s face, I was a fan of Jackson and his only semi-psychotic persona.

As weird as he may be now, you really can’t deny the musical genius he once was to create such classic songs like “Beat it,” “Billy Jean” and “Thriller.”

It really is a shame that he had to take such a turn for the worse after all of his success.

However, when people think about Jackson today, they immediately think of his recent antics and his ghastly appearance.

Speaking of his appearance, I’m sorry, but he has definitely entered a new phase of ugly – he’s pretty much a new breed of freak.

If I ever saw Jackson in person, well, let’s just say I’d rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than see his face, or lack thereof.

I recently looked at a Web site that tracked his facial appearance over the years. It’s been three days now since I’ve looked at it, and I still can’t sleep at night.

It seems as Jackson morphs into more of an outlandish and disgusting person in appearance, his antics and charades get crazier as well.

I think it all branches from the days of his Jerry Curl and infamous white glove.

My guess is when his Jerry Curl ignited during that Pepsi commercial shoot; it may have burned away the sane part of his brain.

Soon after, the Neverland Ranch no longer became the home of Jackson, but a three-ring circus. He had that whole Jehovah’s Witness stint, started wearing masks in public and married Elvis’ daughter.

Then, for some reason that is beyond me, he decides to pass these crazy genes on. At this point, Jackson has just continued to top himself with every decision he makes.

And now, with his child molestation charges, you have to wonder what could he possibly do next?

I would like to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt and hope to God, he, in fact, did not sexually abuse these children he had stay with him in the Neverland Ranch.

But with the testimonies and detailed stories these teenagers have given, it just doesn’t look good.

Although Jackson has said his life at home growing up wasn’t the healthiest, it’s hard to think what could’ve happened to make him jump off the deep end like he has.

In the same respect, I can’t help but wonder who the parents are of these teenagers that stay over at the Neverland Ranch.

If your son or daughter tells you they are going to spend the night at a place called Neverland Ranch with a grown man, and you let them, you’ve pretty much sent them to 10 years of therapy as well.

While I was watching the events of Jackson’s trial, I eventually had to force myself to turn the channel to something else. It’s almost too much information, and knowing more about the details of what may or may not have happened almost made me feel like I needed some therapy.

Jackson has definitely made a wreck of his life, and, as sad as it is to say, there’s really no way he can save himself now. He may have begun his career moon-walking into the superstar spotlight, but he will most likely end it as Wacko Jacko under an umbrella.

Boyd is a junior print journalism major and managing editor of The Spectator.