Blugold Radio Sunday debuts new four-hour format for fall

Shows include ‘The Final Whistle,’ ‘Rock Talk’ and “Sunday Night Matinee’

Blugold Radio Sunday, the weekly radio program produced by University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire students makes its fall debut with a new four-hour format 5 to 9 p.m. Sept.16 on WUEC 89.7 FM and on blugoldradio.org.

Sunday’s broadcast includes the following features: “The Producers’ Panel,” “The Final Whistle,” “Rock Talk,” “Sunday Night Matinee,” and “Homescreen On Air.”

• Producers Matthew Hordyke, Clara Neupert and Jon Fortier will come together on “The Producers’ Panel” to talk about the disparity between Eau Claire’s newly-built Confluence Center and the on-going homelessness issue.
  • Producer Fortier will keep everyone up to date on sports through his segment “The Final Whistle.” This week’s main feature will include a discussion of recent protests and how they have been affecting the modern sports scene.
  • On “Rock Talk,” Tyler Bee and Andrew Moen will take a look at the return of Steve Perry. He will also pay tribute to the beloved Aretha Franklin, as he looks back on the impact she left on the world.
  • “Sunday Night Matinee,” hosted by Tyler Tolan and Kyle Grokowsky, will look back at the 2018 “summer of sequels.” They will discuss summer’s biggest hits, such as “Antman and the Wasp,” “The Equalizer 2,” “Deadpool 2” and more.
  • “Homescreen On Air” is back with a new host to talk about the video game industry. This week, host Josh Krein will discuss the change of pace of video games being bought, as well as summer favorites.

At the top of each hour, News Director Kailin Schumacher will anchor  Blugold Radio Sunday News.   The newscast will include an update on campus construction and an explanation of why the projects weren’t concluded by the start of the fall semester. Schumacher will also be talking to this year’s seniors to provide freshmen with helpful tips for their first year at UW-Eau Claire.

Blugold Radio Sunday is a weekly spoken word production of students at the UW-Eau Claire.  It airs on WUEC 89.7 FM and is streamed on blugoldradio.org and on campus cable at 99-9.