Homework hideaways

Looking for a place to hunker down and hit the books? Well, look no further. Our very own Tyler Hart took it upon himself to search for the ideal spot to do your best learnin.’

Davies Center

Freshman Holly Ordinans prefers to get her work done on the first floor of Davies Center. “I used to go to library, but it was too quiet,” Ordinans said. She also said that she gets distracted in her own room, and Davies provides the perfect amount of background noise. White noise and ample power outlets are just a couple of the benefits of working in Davies.

McIntyre Library
Junior Greg Burgess prefers to do his school work in the library because of its proximity to Phillips Hall. “I get a lot of tutoring for Chemistry in Phillips, so the library is convenient,” Burgess said. He works on the first floor when he’s feeling lazy and the fifth floor when he needs to get a lot done. The library is a popular go-to for heavy homework loads, and it’s all about finding a spot that tailors to your personal study habits.

Home

Junior Marshall Carver does his homework in his off-campus bedroom. “I like to do (my homework) in my own house away from everybody else,” Carver said. For people with the self-control to avoid distractions, the bedroom is one of the more comfortable study options.