Regents on campus since last visit in 2001

The University of Wisconsin Board of Regents arrived on campus today to hold their October meeting at UW-Eau Claire for the first time since 2001.

Chancellor Brian Levin-Stankevich will give a presentation titled “Transforming Our Future” at 10 a.m. in the Council Fire Room of Davies Center. Later in the day, he and student leaders on campus will speak about the Blugold Commitment to the Business, Finance and Audit Committee at 1 p.m. in the Eagle Room of Davies Center.

Executive Director of Communications Mike Rindo will speak about the campus facilities master plan and building projects to the Capital Budget and Planning Committee. Eau Claire City Manager Mike Higgins will join Rindo to discuss how the university and city are collaborating on projects. The meeting is set to begin at 1 p.m. in the Presidents Room of Davies Center.

The Blugold Marching Band is scheduled to play at 4 p.m. on the Central Campus Mall and will lead the Regents across the footbridge to Haas Fine Arts Center.

Michael McPherson, co-author of “Crossing the Finish Line: Completing College at America’s Public Universities,” is a guest of the UW Board of Regents and will discuss college graduation rates at 10:30 a.m. Friday in the Presidents Room of Davies Center.