Local media round-up

READ

As Eau ClaireLeader Telegram’s primary daily newspaper, the Leader-Telegram is your source for the most current regional news. While their website requires a subscription, the Leader-Telegram newspaper is offered for free as part of the university’s readership program, along with The New York Times and USA Today. All three newspapers can be picked up in every campus building, available for free with the simple swipe of your Blugold card. *Editor’s note: Taylor Kuether also writes for the Leader-Telegram.

Volume One, the Chippewa Valley’s arts, culture and entertainment magazine, is released bimonthly and can be picked up for free from Volume One newsstands almost anywhere in Eau Claire — in campus buildings, at coffee shops, at restaurants along Water Street and even at the Oakwood Mall. V1 includes stories and profiles on local artists, musicians and events, as well as an in-depth event listing in the back of every issue to provide readers with details on the hippest happenins’ all over the Chippewa Valley.

UW-Eau Claire’s student newspaper founded in 1923, which you, lucky reader, are holding right now. New issues of The Spectator are released every Thursday and can be found on The Spectator newsstands in every campus building. The Spectator is extra-special because not only can you read it…but we’d love for you to write for us, too!

LISTEN

Wisconsin Public Radio (WUEC 89.7 FM) and UW-Eau Claire’s radio station on Sunday nights, featuring three shows. Blugold Performance of the Air, from 5 to 6 p.m., features students and faculty performing music, readings, forensics and more. Jazz, Blues, and Beyond, from 6 to 7 p.m., features musicians from Eau Claire’s jazz performance program, local musicians and jazz artists from around the world. Local Independence, from 7 to 10 p.m., features music by artists from Wisconsin and Minnesota and regular interviews with the musicians.

Z100 (WBIZ 100.7 FM), which you’ve probably heard blasted in the dorms or at Higherground, features the latest and most popular Top 40 hits. Tune into Z100 and you’ll never miss any of ‘em!

WAXX (104.5 FM) is Eau Claire’s most popular country radio station, featuring country’s greatest hits from the past and present. Special sidenote for all you country lovers out there: Eau Claire is home to Country Jam USA, a three-day country music extravaganza that takes place every summer and features the biggest names in country music.

WATCH

WEAU on channel 13 (NBC) features half-hour nightly news programs at 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 10 p.m. You can also find all their up-to-date news, weather and sports online at weau.com.

WQOW on channel 18 (ABC) also airs nightly news at 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 10 p.m., and you can visit their website at wqow.com.

UW-Eau Claire’s completely student-run television station, whose studios are located in the Towers Hall basement. TV10, on channel 10, features monthly movies as well as original programming. Programs include It’s U We C, the campus news show; Expose Yourself, which shows short films by students; Gameshow, which is exactly what it sounds like; Entertainment Show, which features news on music, movies, TV and books; and Homefield Advantage, which features UW-Eau Claire sports news. Find the complete schedule at uwec.edu/housing/tv10.