Albrent’s believe it or not

Soda no-no 

I’m all for the noms, but this is straight up crazy.

Poutine flavored soda is now a thing thanks to Jones Soda Co. and it should really just remain a thing of the past. For those of you who don’t know, Poutine is a Canadian dish that is basically French fries and cheese curds slathered in gravy.

I mean that sounds delish, but not as a flavor for a soda. Get real, Jones, come on.

Apparently it is supposed to have “a nice balance of rich, savory gravy over a starchy potato base, and accented with those fatty, cheesy notes you expect in a plate of poutine.”

None of those descriptive words put together makes any sense and it all sounds disgusting. Seriously, “fatty” is not a word I want to describe anything I eat or drink unless I’m in one of those moods where everything bad for me is just the best thing in the world. But never ever will this poutine drink sound good. Thank goodness it is only available in some parts of Canada, including Quebec, Ontario and Vancouver.

I am almost shedding a single tear over how ridiculous this is, even for Canada.

Fallout freakout 

Now is seriously the best time to be pumped that you are fro, or go to school in Wisconsin.

A family in Neenah, Wis. found a fully stocked fallout shelter in their backyard 50 years after the Cold War. It held enough supplies so that a family could survive for two
weeks underground.

The contents of this fallout shelter included food, clothing, medical supplies, tools, flashlights and batteries. Everything was well preserved and many were stored in airtight containers.

This is so awesome. I would love to randomly find a hidden treasure in my backyard. The fallout shelter is as real of a time capsule as you can imagine. Think about all the history that was hidden away for so long.

Just think, you could create your very own museum in
your backyard.

The family donated all of the belongings to the Neenah Historical Society, which in all honestly is the best thing to do. Artifacts like this are meant to be shown to the public and preserved for many lifetimes to come.

That’s cheesy 

Cheese and onion chocolate bars are real and I am real tired of people making weird sounding foods that both repulse me and also make me want to rush to the store and pick it up.

Sold by an Irish potato chip brand called Tayto, the bar was created in response to a social media campaign led by fans. Huh. This sounds a lot like this whole Lay’s Potato Chip thing that is going around.

People are so into making food taste like other kinds of food that it confuses me. I don’t think I really need to eat cheese, onions and chocolate at once.

Thanks though.

They only made 100,000 and they are already sold out in Ireland, so getting your hands on this weird concoction is next to impossible.

The company’s CEO Eamon Eastwood describes the candy as unusual and having a crunchy chocolate texture with the lingering taste of cheese and onion.

Eh, I don’t know guys. Would you try them? I’m always down for something new, but talk about onion breath.