Women’s soccer clinches another victory

Bridget Kelley

More stories from Bridget Kelley

A goal by Emily Sullivan leads the Blugolds to victory

Emma Stange, a first-year midfielder, works with her teammate to drive the ball down the field.

Kar Wei Cheng

Kar Wei Cheng

The UW-Eau Claire women’s soccer team recorded their fifth win this weekend against the UW-Oshkosh Titans at Bollinger Fields.

The Blugolds started out the game strong, recording nine shots during the first half. A goal from Emily Sullivan, a third-year midfielder, at the 35:23 mark determined the final score. First-year forward Krista Koenig assisted Sullivan’s goal. The Titans only managed to take one shot in the first half.

In the second half, the Blugolds kept up the intensity, firing eight shots, as compared to the Titans’ four shots. Sammie Lefaive, a fifth-year goalkeeper, managed to get her hands on the ball in the second half, recording three saves. Lefaive ended the game with her third shutout this year and her first conference shutout of the season.

The UW-Eau Claire women’s soccer team has a 6-6-1 record. They will play again on Friday, Oct. 19 at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.

Monica Zoellner, a fourth-year midfielder, works with her teammate to drive the ball down the field.

Kelley can be reached at [email protected] 

Bridget Kelley, Copy Editor

Bridget Kelley is a second-year journalism student and is a copy editor for The Spectator. Bridget enjoys buying books that she has no time to read and traveling despite having no navigational skill whatsoever. Bridget is also on the hunt for gluten-free donuts, so if anyone has suggestions, please hit her up.

Kar Wei Cheng, Multimedia Editor

Kar Wei Cheng is the multimedia editor at The Spectator and a third-year student studying integrated strategic communications with an emphasis in public relations. She has a passion for linguistics and photography.