Manti Te’o saga inconceivable

One of the strangest things that I have ever heard in the world of sports is the well-publicized story about Manti Te’o and the “I thought I had a girlfriend but actually she was fake” thing.

This is strange for many reasons, but the first thing that I cannot get over is that Te’o said he met her after a game against the Stanford Cardinal. According to reports, Te’o would stay up all night with her on the other side of the phone call and wake up to her breathing.

Enter Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. A supposed acquaintance of Te’o’s, allegedly started this hoax against Te’o in 2009, maybe or maybe not with other people playing along and helping Tuiasosopo.

Lannay Kekua, Te’o’s supposed “girlfriend” allegedly was diagnosed with leukemia and within the next few months was killed in a car incident.

Hold the phone. Right there I would be very skeptical if I was Te’o and my girlfriend, that I have never seen mind you, has all of these things happen to her in a small period of time.

Here is another thing to ponder. Te’o knew that Kekua supposedly had leukemia, yet never went to visit her in the hospital? If he cared for her as much as he had portrayed, he would have went to see her.

There were also reports out there that Te’o had went to see Kekua in Hawaii. This never happened.

Te’o never had a girlfriend, stayed up late with her on the telephone or met her after a Stanford game because Kekua is not real.

Nobody has said that football players are all 4.0 brainiacs, but I desperately hope Te’o is not that dumb to not see this coming, if he was that dumb, okay he got duped pretty bad. Pretty embarrassing I would say.

Or, somebody is extremely messed up. The two candidates are Te’o or Tuiasosopo.

Imagine if Te’o knew this was happening the whole time, cried and faked for the camera and had America believe that he was devastated about this girl to get self-promotion. How selfish could you be to do that? Pretty selfish.

The more likely outcome at this moment as more information comes into news outlets daily, is that Tuiasosopo held this relationship for over three years with this guy, as some prank? The two knew each other. What did Te’o do to deserve this and why would you go through all this trouble for three years to intentionally harm someone?
    Something doesn’t add up here and I want to find out what that something is.