Wrestlemania XXVIII preview

The Jim Pullman Band is the “Best Band You’re Not Listening To.” The lead singer and guitarist Jim Pullman was notified in December by a phone call live on the air of the Daily Buzz TV show. The three-man band, which formed in 2001, is made up of Pullman, electric and string bassist Kalin Capra and percussionist and 2002 Eau Claire graduate Bill Nelson.

Wrestlemania

By Alex Schultz

John Cena vs. The Rock
    Winner: John Cena
    Almost one year to the date, Cena versus The Rock was set for WrestleMania XXVIII.  On the March 28, 2011, edition of Raw, Cena delivered his Attitude Adjustment to The Rock, leading to The Rock screwing Cena out of the WWE Championship at last year’s WrestleMania. The Rock and Cena wouldn’t meet again until Survivor Series and even though they were partners, The Rock hit Cena with the Rock Bottom after the match.

Is it a coincidence that ten years after The Rock was passed the torch from Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X8, The Rock is now returning to WrestleMania?  This is definitely a passing of the torch match and I predict Cena winning after hitting the Attitude Adjustment on The Rock.

Undertaker vs. Triple H: Hell in a Cell Match with Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels
    Winner: Undertaker
    Undertaker barely went 19-0 at WrestleMania XXVII and couldn’t leave the arena on his own strength.  Since Undertaker didn’t want that to be the last memory of him, on the Jan. 30 edition of Raw he challenged Triple H to a rematch. Triple H accepted under two conditions: both go all the way and it would be a Hell in a Cell Match.  Michaels, friend of Triple H and former WrestleMania opponent of Undertaker, was added as the special guest referee.

I’m predicting Michaels believes if he can’t defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania, then no one will. Michaels will Super-Kick Triple H, allowing Undertaker to roll over him for the pin.  Undertaker will go 20-0 at WrestleMania and be put into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.

Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy: 12-Man Tag Team Match
    Winner: Team Teddy
    Two teams hand selected by the Raw and SmackDown General Managers will compete for their respective general manager. John Laurinaitis, with the support of three superstars, expressed his desire to run both Raw and SmackDown at Elimination Chamber. Later that night, Teddy Long also expressed his desire to run both Raw and SmackDown, leading to weeks of both general managers feuding.

This is not a Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown match; this is a match where superstars from either brand wrestle with the hopes of having their desired general manager lead the WWE. Long has been a great general manager over the years, and with this outstanding record, I’m picking his team to win.

CM Punk (champion) vs. Chris Jericho: WWE Championship Match
    Winner: CM Punk
    Even though Jericho returned on the Jan. 2 edition of Raw, he didn’t show his true intentions until the Raw following the Royal Rumble by interrupting Punk’s match and attacking him.  At the Elimination Chamber Jericho was knocked out from a kick to the head by Punk, making him unable to continue the match.

Since then, Jericho has begun a crusade of exposing Punk for being nothing more than a Jericho copycat and personally attacking Punk by calling his father an alcoholic and his sister a drug addict. Most likely this is another passing of the torch match. I predict Jericho tapping out to Punk’s Anaconda Vice for the win.

Daniel Bryan (champion) vs. Sheamus: World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Winner: Sheamus
    Since cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase at TLC, Bryan has matured into a superstar that mixes in-ring ability with psychology.  Bryan has even used his girlfriend, AJ, as a human shield to keep his World Heavyweight Championship.

After a 12-match winning streak, Sheamus won the Royal Rumble and earned a shot at either the WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship.  After winning at Elimination Chamber, Bryan was attacked and challenged at WrestleMania XXVIII by Sheamus.

I suspect AJ will turn on Bryan at WrestleMania XXVIII to give Sheamus the advantage.  Sheamus will hit the Brogue Kick on Bryan, giving The Great White the win to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Cody Rhodes (champion) vs. Big Show: WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Winner: Big Show
    Since January, Rhodes has mocked Show for not only his losing record at WrestleMania, but for how he’s lost. For example, at WrestleMania XXIV, Floyd Mayweather knocked out Show in one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history. To become Triple Crown Champions, Show needs to hold the Intercontinental Championship and Rhodes needs a primary championship.

This is a perfect opportunity to give Show his Triple Crown Championship and Rhodes his own push for a primary championship. Show will deliver his WMD to knockout Rhodes, and possibly re-injure Rhodes’s nose, for the win to become the new Intercontinental Champion.

Randy Orton vs. Kane
    Winner:  Randy Orton
    A handshake between Orton and Kane on the July 22, 2011, edition of SmackDown would be the cause of their WrestleMania XXVIII match.  After Kane and Orton attacked each other in early March, Kane revealed on the March 16 edition of SmackDown that because of that handshake, he would not be whole until he decimated Orton at WrestleMania XXVIII.

Since Kane suffered a fractured fibula in his match with Orton in July, my prediction is Orton will target it and attempt to re-injure Kane.  When Kane is unable to complete his Chokeslam, Orton will reverse for the RKO and the win.

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menunos vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve
    Winners: Kelly Kelly & Maria Menunos
    The feud between Extra host Menunos and Phoenix would start during Menunos’s first WWE appearance on the Oct.12, 2009, edition of Raw in a six-diva tag team match to promote Menunos’s upcoming movie. Menunos would return to the WWE during the 2011 Tribute to the Troops in an eight-diva tag team match and win the match for her team.

Personally I’m not a fan of celebrities competing at WrestleMania ever since Mr. T tagged with Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania I.  Celebrities in these matches are only for ratings and not for the content or storyline.  Phoenix will somehow be pinned by Menunos for the win.