Anthony won’t help Knicks much

The long national nightmare is finally over. We can finally sleep again because Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks.
    Honestly though, it feels like this has been the case. ESPN has been doing features about where he could go for what seems like forever, which has been somewhat annoying.

Listen ESPN, I’m busy watching the Bucks suck and I would thank you to stop with this Carmelo business.

But it’s over now so let us take a look at the trade.

The trade is somewhat complicated as it involves multiple players and involves money equivalent to several countries’ GDP. I’ll keep it brief since many of you already know the details.

Basically, the Nuggets send Anthony, along with Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, to the Knicks for Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari and Timofey Mozgov. Additionally, the Nuggets get a 2014 first round pick and two second round ones.

Ugh, this is so many people. The alphabet is thoroughly represented with this amount of players, which was probably a secondary goal for these teams: educating kids about letters.

Anyway, there is talk about Gallinari getting traded, possibly for a pick. There is also discussion about Felton getting traded too because the Nets already have Ty Lawson in place and you don’t need that many North Carolina guards. It’s bad for
    the disposition.

OK, so I think the Nuggets are the winners in this deal. Granted, they will be losing a great scorer, but it’s not like this team has been winning playoff series left and right with him.  In fact, they have escaped the first round just once in his
    entire career.
    I know other factors are present and that they were the worst for many years without him, but still, your star players should get you out of the first round. Somehow he hasn’t dealt with the same abuse that Tracy McGrady has been dealing with throughout
    his career.

Also, this is quite a lot of players and a lot of draft picks. Given that Anthony wanted out, it was good of them to grab some players and some picks instead of losing him in free agency and getting nothing.
    For the Knicks, I’m not sure this was the greatest deal. I understand that Anthony along with Amare Stoudemire will be a great scoring tandem. They will put up a lot of points in New York and New York will continue to move forward to being as legitimate as they used to be
    with two stars.

However, the Knicks already score a lot of points per game. They score over 106 in fact. Actually only one-team scores more. Hold on, I’ll let you guess what team that is … that’s right, it’s the Nuggets. This was basically an offense for offense trade

What the Knicks really need to worry about is the lack of defense that they play. Giving up 105 a game will not win them a championship. There’s a completely brand new saying that I just invented it goes like this: “Defense wins championships.” Isn’t that a great, non-cliché line?

Nevertheless, it’s very true and it’s something that the Knicks will wish they had because Carmelo doesn’t play defense. It’s just too much work. Just look at that fight from a few years back when he takes a swing at a guy and backs up immediately at an absurd speed. Nobody has ever backed-up that fast. He made the moonwalk look like a joke.

The goal of this trade was to compete with Boston and Miami and I don’t think they effectively did that with this move even if more trading occurs.