Rosenberry Crunch: Calm down about LeBron

I’m really excited for this upcoming NBA season. This is a very common feeling for many people. The NBA is the most beloved sports league in the country of course. People just cannot get enough of this high-flying league.

Alright, I’ll stop. I am of course being incredibly facetious. It would be more truthful for me to say that North Korea is the freest country on the planet. However, I was not lying about my feelings towards the league.

I greatly enjoy it and I’m looking forward to watching the Bucks win a division. That’s right, Chicago – I think the Bucks will win the division. Now that I’ve killed the Bucks’ chances with that predication (I’m an idiot), let me tell you about the one thing everybody in the universe seems to have an opinion on: LeBron James.

I hope to put the discussion of him to bed right now.

I know this is a daunting task, much like getting my skin to tan – seriously, it only burns. It’s really ridiculous. I would shake my fist at my skin or yell at it, but I’m not that crazy… yet.

OK, I’m done with that tangent. On to the task at hand and my opinion on LeBron: Who cares? Honestly, have an opinion on him, but the vitriol against him is overwhelming at times. There have got to be more things to be incredibly upset about.

I don’t think I need to mention all of the horrible economic situations that people now face or simply the trial and tribulations of every day life. Despite this, we have a radio DJ in Ohio getting witch doctors to curse him.

Obviously, this DJ doesn’t truly believe he is cursing LeBron, but he appears to be very upset about LeBron leaving Cleveland, which appears to be a very common theme in that city.

I’m not a resident of Cleveland nor have I ever lived there, but the New York Post reports that Cleveland one of the poorest cities in this country. They really could focus their energy elsewhere.

I understand that in hard times you can lean on an athlete; especially one of the magnitude of LeBron. It was probably hard to see him go especially when they had somebody to root for in tough times. Now, even that has been taken away.

The thing is, we are now several weeks beyond his exit and the hate still seems to be high. I personally would get tired if I had to hate all the time. I have no idea how Bill O’Reilly does it.

My theory is that he has a hate-recharger at his house that is probably $1,500 from Sharper Image.

The other issue I have is with people acting shocked over his “decision.” It shouldn’t be surprising that he is a bit of an egotist. That’s typically how talented or mega rich people are. You don’t reach those levels of materialistic success without great self-confidence.

I know that happened a while ago, but people are still infuriated for his arrogance to this day.

Ultimately, I’m not seeking to defend LeBron – I’m just wishing that all of the energy directed towards him could go to something more constructive.

The ridiculous nature of fans is to be expected, but I think we all can learn to calm down a little bit in regards to sports. Don’t get me wrong, I can occasionally get riled up over a game.

Many obscenities have been said towards Al Harris. I saw his injured, non-playing self on the screen last week, and I think I cursed him.

In a new Nike commercial, LeBron’s relationship with fans is addressed in a humorous way. Check it out on Youtube (just type in ‘LeBron Rise’).

LeBron may be an arrogant star, but he keeps a sense of humor about it. So go ahead and be furious with him, but he won’t lose any sleep over it and you will be wasting your anger-energy.

You might as well be yelling at some pudding.