Police Blotter: 10/4/12

Silly suspect, sleeping is for beds
Thursday, Sept. 20

At approximately 10:10 a.m., an officer left one of the parking lots near an area park, where he observed a Toyota Corolla parked. He observed a man sleeping in the driver’s seat. The officer knocked on the window and the man identified himself and explained his home was being remodeled and was trying to get some sleep. The officer informed him that sleeping in a vehicle at the park was illegal.

After the officer determined there were no warrants for the man’s arrest, he told the man he could stay. However, the man decided to leave, spinning his tires in the process. He drove about a half of a block and stopped. The officer confronted him and said that was unnecessary.

Whose cat is that? It’s my cat now.
Saturday, Sept. 22

At 1:23 a.m., two officers arrived at the scene of a reported animal case in Murray Hall. The RA of the hall informed the officers that two men entered the main entrance and did not stop for security. Then officers were informed that the two individuals were carrying cats.

The officers went to the room and found the door open and saw two cats, both black. Neither cat had identification tags on it.
One of the men said they found the cats as they were walking on Water Street. He said the cats started to follow them down the street, so they decided to take the cats with them back to the hall.
One of the officers did a background check on the two men, and neither men were on probation or wanted for any crimes.

Bush man caught red-handed
Thursday, Sept. 27

Around 2 a.m., an officer sitting in the Haas Fine Arts parking lot entrance observed a group of men walking on the 100 block of Water Street. One of them broke away from the group and entered the bushes between the sidewalk and the Water Street parking lot. The man was clearly visible.

The officer drove to his location and shined his spotlight. The subject remained standing in the bushes momentarily before exiting the opposite side.

The officer drove up to him and instructed him to stop. He then questioned the male about urinating in the bushes. The male responded that he hadn’t. The officer then pointed out how important he thought honesty was. The man then responded that he had in fact urinated.

The officer notified the man that he would be issuing a citation. The male immediately stated that he had not urinated in the bush after all. A second officer arrived to assist. The first officer went to check the area of rocks and leaves, which were clearly wet. The surrounding area was not. The second confirmed he could see the wet area.

The subject was issued a citation for disposal of human waste and fined accordingly.