Nothing beats summer in Eau Claire

More stories from Macey Vandenmeerendonk

The amount of activities and events that go on mixed with warm weather make Eau Claire better in the summer

Nothing beats summer in Eau Claire

With more community involvement, summer in Eau Claire has more to do

Year-round, Eau Claire is a beautiful city that offers fun activities whatever the weather conditions may be.

Although winter is a great time to grab a coffee and listen to live music in The Cabin, go ice skating at Hobbs Municipal Ice Center and attend a number of concerts and plays, there are so many more activities that can be done in the summer.

One of the best things about UW-Eau Claire and the city of Eau Claire is the beautiful nature and parks that surrounds campus and the city as a whole.

With the weather being warm and the sun shining, it is easier for students to get around to enjoy the outdoors of Eau Claire and spend time in the community as well.

From floating down the Chippewa River, walking along the nature trails and various parks around Eau Claire, hiking and swimming at Mount Simon Park and Big Falls County Park to shopping at the farmers market on Saturdays, there are countless opportunities to take in the city while experiencing the best qualities it offers.

When the first day of 60-degree weather hits Eau Claire the mood shifts while on campus. With the campus mall being mostly empty in the winter months while students rush to class to get out of the cold, the first warm sunny day brings students out of hiding.

With countless students around campus enjoying the long-awaited sunshine, it is hard to have a bad attitude when the warmer months are approaching in Eau Claire.

The change of mood on campus isn’t even the best part of Eau Claire transitioning into summer. The local events put on are what makes the city so special for the community members.

Eau Claire offers something for everyone to enjoy whether it’s music, arts, sports or being active indoors and outdoors.

The Sounds Like Summer concert series in Phoenix Park, Eaux Claires and Country Jam USA, a couple of the annual music festivals in Eau Claire according to Visit Eau Claire, are ways people who enjoy music can participate in the community while engaging in entertainment that they like.

The variety of ice cream shops dotted around the city like Ramone’s Ice Cream Parlor and Olson’s Ice Cream are a few of the fun places that Eau Claire has to offer.

It may be the long awaited weather that gets people excited for Eau Claire’s summers but the amount of events and activities that can appeal to a range of interests is a bonus.

Winters in Eau Claire can be fun if bundled up or indoors but nothing beats a summer night with friends around a campfire.