Spectator Editorial Board: 04/18

UW-Eau Claire has implemented a new degree audit that is meant to make it easier for students to understand and to reach their academic requirements. The CampS system allows the new degree audit to have features that are more interactive for students.

The old degree audits will soon be unavailable for students as this new audit takes their permanent place this upcoming fall.

The new audit allows for students to see what classes they have taken, are taking and need to take.

This seems like a big change, but the university has not made it very apparent to the student body that something this vital is changing.

It is odd that a tool that can be used to make sure that a student graduates on time is not getting much press.

If this is something that students should know about, it would have been nice to hear about it before it happened.

It should also be stressed that students should be looking at these every semester to make sure they are doing what they need to do.

Students are confused over the new audit, there is now hardly any time for them to get assistance.

This change has come at a time when students are registering for classes and will be looking at their audit. It seems like an strange time to change a tool that is important to many students.