The Great Debate: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade vs. Football

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
By Martha Landry

In my family we have Thanksgiving lunch and dinner and we are always late to lunch because I have to finish out
the parade.

It’s a star-studded parade full of music, dancing, Tom the Turkey, Santa Claus and everything else you could ever ask for. Seriously.

You can watch football every week, multiple times per week. Don’t get me wrong, I love football and I will be watching for most of the day. But I’ll be watching as a pastime.

I’m not going to set aside time and not spend it with my family for just a plain old game of football. The time spent after the meal will be for napping and recovering for round two.

The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade is legendary and only happens once a year. It DESERVES to be watched.

This is literally an event that all ages can enjoy and appreciate. Everyone loves the hot air balloons, marching bands, floats, dancers and celebrities galore! Don’t even try to say you aren’t going to be geeking out if One Direction shows up on a float.

And Al Roker crackin’ cheesy jokes all morning long is just a hoot and a half. That alone is worth watching.

Football
By David Heiling

Picture this: You just gorged yourself full of Thanksgiving Day turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, garlicky mashed potatoes, squash and possibly some macaroni salad to make grandma happy.

You have now reached a comatose state. You unbutton your pants and take the good seat in the living room. You have the remote in your hands.

This is a big decision — what are you going to do? Go to FOX and watch the Packers, Cowboys or Lions who always give you a great show during Thanksgiving NFL football games or are you going to switch it to that other channel and watch humongous snoopy balloons monotonously rolling down that street?

You better say football because what can be better or more important than watching two great games with historic teams playing on Thanksgiving Day?

The answer is nothing. Nothing is better than watching two great games with historic teams playing on Thanksgiving Day.
Oh, and Cletus (the awesomely named robot) who graces our eye-sockets every week during FOX games turning into a turkey for the week? That’s all that really needs to be said here.

Make the right choice. Football, not Snoopy.