Opportunities bring happiness

It is a little piece of thin paper that runs everything we do in life. It tells us how much something is worth and what we can afford.

I believe that money can bring you opportunities, and to me, opportunities bring happiness.

Now, before I go any further, I want to establish something. I am not meaning this in a Kanye West remix of “Gold Digger” sort of way.

No, this is not that kind of article, and I am not that kind of person. I don’t want it handed to me; I want to work for it.

I am not wishing for what I do not have. I am only saying that money can be used as a resource.

I am not a lazy person when it comes to working for what I want. But sometimes it doesn’t even matter how hard you work, some things just won’t happen without  connections or money.

Some are born rich and some work their butts off to become a part of the upper class.

The majority of us are middle class citizens paying off student loans and praying to get a job out of college.

How many of you want to travel the world? Be able to live debt-free? Go to New York City and party all night to your heart’s content with the likes of Mac Miller and LMFAO?

I do.

I really, really do. Heck, if I was a millionaire I would jump on my own plane, take you all with me, and we would party — 3Oh!3 style.

Money gets a bad rap. There are all of these TV shows out there like “The Real Housewives of Orange County” and “Big, Rich, Texas,” that make people who have a wealthy lifestyle look like egotistical idiots.

This is why I believe that some of you may disagree with what I am saying.  We all tend to think that money is a dirty thing.

It’s something that can be used for good or evil, but it is important.

Money is nothing but another tool to use in your everyday life to achieve your goals.

Goals are incredibly important.  They give you something to live for.  They give you hope for the future.

Even if you have an extra 20 bucks in your pocket every week, that is still money bringing opportunities.

That is $20 more that you can spend on going to movies with friends, donating to the food pantry or paying your heating bill.

You can be happy without money, and you can be happy with. It all comes down to what you do with it, and how you view it.

To me, if I had the opportunity to afford opening a magazine company of my own in New York City, I would.

You can be born with it, and you can earn it.  Either way, you are able to do a little more with what you have.

Sometimes I just wish the love for something could over power the price. I wish that a piece of paper with numbers on it wasn’t the preferred currency.

I wish that money was not necessary for some opportunities to happen. I don’t want it to be this way.

At the end of the day, you are the only person who can make yourself happy.

To me, opportunities bring happiness. I love my life, and cherish everything that I have, but I would love the opportunity to open up that magazine company.

It’s just something I love.

Who can really hate on that?