`New’ generation ready to answer the call after terrorism

It is time for a new generation of Americans to step up to the plate and fight for freedom. Just as our fathers did in Vietnam, just as our grandfathers did in World War II and our great grandfathers did in World War I, we, the youth of America, need to fight for this great country. We need to fight to honor the flag and all of which it stands for.

Not only do we need to fight, but also we need to support America and all of its affairs. As we learned in Vietnam, a divided country cannot win a war, but as we learned in World War II a united, United States of America can overcome anything and keep freedom and democracy alive.

Our country’s leaders and military need our full support as we combat terrorism.

We cannot let the actions of terrorism slide; we need to retaliate to show the world that you do not attack America. We need to show the world that if you come into our country, and kill our people on our soil, that you will pay.

It is time for America to join together- the hippies and the yanks, the south and the north, the black and the white, it doesn’t matter- we are one nation and we shall act as one. If nothing is done, terrorism will continue. We need to end this terrorism. The duty to our nation is knocking, and it is time for we, the newest generation of Americans, to get up and answer the door.

As we sit here in the comforts of middle America, our cousins, brothers, neighbors and classmates are sitting on a warship in the Middle East waiting for battle. The thoughts that go through our heads about how tough English is, or where the party is going to be at for thirsty Thursday, are far away from the minds of young soldiers preparing to give their lives for our country. Right now it is not necessary that we all get up and go fight, but there might be a time that our country will need us on the front line. Just because the front line isn’t calling your name yet doesn’t mean that our country doesn’t need you.

This country needs you to unite, to practice patriotism, give blood, stay informed and help with the war against terrorism. We need to pray for those that are fighting, and working to “whip terrorism,” as our president has put it. The government needs and deserves our full support and cooperation.

Generation-by-generation we have entered war, and we have succeeded. My fellow Americans, let us not be the generation that backs down from conflict, but let’s be one that embraces freedom and all that America stands for.

Terrorism is tough to fight, no one is denying that, but I agree fully with President Bush when he says we also need to fight the countries that harbor these terrorists. If Afghanistan is helping Osama bin Laden and other terrorists with their efforts against America, then I believe that we need to take action on them. They join the terrorists, and engage in war against America.

America needs to hold nothing back. America needs to step up and guard our land. Nobody can come in and bomb us because we, the citizens of this great land, will get up and fight back, and we will win.

We should all listen to Sen. John McCain’s quote about what we will do to the terrorists: “May God have mercy on those who conspired these attacks, because I know we won’t.”

We need to embrace that spirit, and give our children and our children’s children what our grandfathers and fathers have given us: freedom, democracy, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Nobody, not even bin Laden, should be able to take that away from us.