The 11th Annual “Downtownys” Eau Claire Awards

Melanie Walleser

More stories from Melanie Walleser

April 18, 2019

Downtown Eau Claire celebrates its local gems

Every year, downtown Eau Claire Inc. hosts the Downtown Eau Claire awards — “The Downtownys” — which celebrate local businesses, organizations and individuals that contribute to the downtown scene of Eau Claire.

The winners of the 11th Annual Downtown Awards were announced on March 13 at the Lismore Hotel.

“Downtown Eau Claire is a livable, walkable mixture of businesses, districts, neighborhoods, the university, parks, rivers, trails, and everything in between,” Aaron White,  executive director of DECI, said. “Our downtown champions continue to make the heart of the city even stronger and we think it’s important to celebrate them.”

The public voted on the following businesses and organizations to be honored with awards at this year’s ceremony:

• Best New Business: SHIFT Cyclery and Coffee Bar
  • Best Renovation: Grand Avenue Footbridge
  • Best New Development: The Pablo Center
  • Best Downtown Event: Clearwater Winter Parade
  • Best Business: The District

The following individuals were also recognized for their contributions to Downtown Eau Claire:

• Volunteer of the Year: Marianne Klinkhammer
  • Member of the Year: Brent Douglas Flowers for Everyday
  • Outstanding Achievement: Dan Market

Walleser can be reached at [email protected]

Melanie Walleser, Staff Writer

Melanie Walleser is a first-year journalism and english student. This is her first semester at The Spectator and she's very excited about it. Melanie's hobbies include reading, writing and taking pictures of her adorable puppies.