WellFEST will offer local wellness services and activities at a discount for students

Faith Hultman

More stories from Faith Hultman

Hands-on wellness experiences offered at Chippewa Valley WellFEST next weekend

Wellness is something nearly everyone strives for, and it encompasses such a wide variety of topics making it difficult to know where to begin. Chippewa Valley WellFEST is an opportunity to get out of that dismal dorm room and experience the wellness services the Eau Claire area has to offer.

On Feb. 26 and 27, the third annual WellFEST will be held at Lismore Hotel, a location within walking distance from campus. The price for Saturday is $5 and includes a full day of wellness-related activities.

Christine Varnavas, the creator of WellFEST, said they will offer many different wellness activities including self-defence, meditation and traditional, restorative and laughter yoga, which she said is “hysterical.”

There will be two halls, the Hands On Hall and the Minds On Hall, both of which are included in the $5 student price, along with a Mood Food court and a Vendor Hall.

“The Hands On Hall is you’re actually doing stuff with your body,” Varnavas said. “The Minds On Hall is sitting and listening to the latest trends and topics in wellness and healthcare.”

Various local food vendors will be at WellFEST, including Burrachos, The French Press, Martha’s Toffee and Piirakkoi, Varnavas said.

“I have about ten local foodies and food crafters, as I call them, giving things away for sample and for sale,” Varnavas said.

Along with the hands-on classes, informative sessions and food sampling, the band AcoustiHoo will be playing along with other live music, Varnavas said.

The final opportunity WellFEST will offer is a drawing for hundreds of dollars worth of prizes, such as a massage or $100 worth of Arbonne products, with the completion of a five-question exit survey, Varnavas said.

WellFEST runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 27. Tickets are currently available online at chippewavalleywellfest.org.