Love your mother (earth)

Earth Day is typically a day in which events are held worldwide to support the demonstration of environmental protection. In celebration of Earth Day on April 22, some university organizations put
together events for the whole week beginning April 19. Chief Copy Editor Michelle Enger put together a guide for Earth Week events.

So whether it is a lecture, a concert or a fashion show, mark your calendars if you want to participate in celebrating the earth.

April 19

· The Putnam Park garlic mustard pull will be at 9:15 a.m. at the end of the footbridge steps on the Schofield Hall side of the river.

April 21

· Live music by Cloud Cult and The Heart Pills at 7:30 p.m. in Schofield Auditorium. The event is free for students with a Blugold ID. Tickets must be claimed at the Service Center previous to concert.

April 22 — Earth Day

· 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Live music by FireFlyForest and Charlie Parr at 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Davies Terrace on the second floor of Davies Center.
· 3:30 to 5 p.m. — Reception for Celebration of Sustainability in the Ho-Chunk Room of Davies Center.
· 9 p.m. — Sky Lanterns at the UW-Eau Claire footbridge.

April 23

· 4 to 5 p.m. — Green Building and LEED Certification lecture by Theresa Lehman, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental
Design) expert and educator in Hibbard 101.
· 6 p.m. — Bike Day Workshop at the Environmental Adventure Center on upper campus.
· 6:30 p.m. – Trash Talk: “Green Cleaners,” a presentation by professor of chemistry Scott Hartsel in the social room of Towers Hall South.
· 7 to 9 p.m. — Karaoke at Higherground.
· 8:30 p.m. — Live music by Eggplant Heroes at the Cabin in Davies Center.

April 24

· 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Henna booth on the campus mall.
· 6 p.m. — Graham Hill, founder of treehugger.com, will speak in the Dakota Room in Davies Center.
· 8 p.m. — Sustainability Fashion Show, a fashion show in which students from each residence hall will model a costume created by fellow residents made out of recycled and repurposed materials, will be in McPhee 201B.

April 25

· 3 to 5 p.m. — Sustainability photo scavenger hunt, a hunt against other teams to track down and photograph different sustainability landmarks on campus, will meet in Towers Hall lobby.
· 3 p.m. — Putnam Park trash clean-up will meet in Katherine Thomas parking lot.
· 5 to 7 p.m. — Barbecue at Owen Park.
· 7 p.m. — “Earth Days” documentary film at Woodland Theater in Davies Center.

April 26
· 9 p.m. — Live music by Irie Sol and Granite Rose in Towers field.

April 27
· 11 a.m. — Planting the garden in Phillips courtyard. The event will start with a potluck brunch.