For your entertainment

Each week, a Spectator staff member gives you a heads-up on a few things you can test out over the weekend, from new movies to restaurants you may not have tried yet.

Movie:
“Rise of the Guardians”

Don’t judge this movie by the trailers. I think the trailers make it seem somewhat corny. I went in unsure of how it would turn out, but it gave me much more than I was expecting.

DreamWorks’ movie “Rise of the Guardians” was released in theaters at the end of November, and is a fantastic and touching tale of Jack Frost’s journey to guardianhood. Alone in the world, Jack doesn’t understand how he became Jack Frost, what his purpose is or where he should go in life.

He loves playing with children, making them laugh, and bringing the wonderful crisp feeling of winter to the world, although they don’t believe in him. When Santa, the Easter Bunny, Sandman and the Tooth Fairy run into trouble with Pitch, the master of darkness and fear, they seek a new guardian.

And so begins Jack’s journey.

In a quest to find the memories from his past and learn the way of the guardians, Jack’s ambition leads the pack against Pitch.

If you’re looking for a fun, surprising, out of the ordinary winter film with a good message, “Rise of the Guardians” is the film for you.

Album:
Glee: The Music
“Christmas Album — Vol. 3”

Scheduled to be released Dec. 11, the third album in the Glee Christmas series is sure to bring the best holiday cheer. Like their previous Christmas albums, Glee brings their own twist to 10 beloved Christmas tunes such as “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and “Feliz Navidad.” This album contains more modern-sounding Christmas songs, as well as the beloved classics. With such a variety of sounds and feelings, the third Glee album is likely to have something for everyone.

The songs I’ve heard from “Glee” sound fun and upbeat. I’ve never been disappointed or bored with what they have to offer. This Christmas album is no different. It brings all the fun and joy of Christmas, as well as the reminders of why we come together for the true meaning of the season. Glee fans and newcomers will surely fall in love with this new album.