Stuck in EC over break? Make it fun!

So, you are going to be staying in Eau Claire over break? No school, no studying and besides a few hours at your part-time job, you don’t have any responsibilities. How will you spend your time?
Contrary to popular belief, there are things to do in Eau Claire that are relatively cheap and fun.  Take a look, try it out and judge for yourself.
Just Keep Swimming
509 University Dr.
Eau Claire
The UW-Eau Claire pool is located in the McPhee Physical Education Center. Students and faculty are welcome to enjoy the facility during open pool hours throughout winter break. Bring a group of friends and play a game of water basketball or get your daily exercise in by
swimming laps.
Enjoy water activities in the pool from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday from Jan. 2-18.

Ice, Ice Baby
915 Menomonie St.
Eau Claire
For those of you that love the ice, take advantage of the open skate hours at Hobbs Ice Center. The facility will be open for a lunch break skate Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with $2 admission and free
skate rentals.
General open skate will be available Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and Sundays from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Admission will be $5 for adults with a $2 skate rental fee.

Movie Buffs
315 Barstow St.
Eau Claire
For all you movie buffs out there, Micon Downtown Cinema is the place for you. Formerly known as the Budget Theater, this theater will keep your mind captivated and your wallet happy.
Micon Downtown Cinema shows movies just like any theater, but for a price that is reasonable for a college student’s budget.
The theater is located in downtown Eau Claire. There is a $3 admission ticket for every movie with $2 admission on Tuesdays.

Sledding Through the Snow
A hill nearest you
Eau Claire
Find a hill nearest you and bring back the excitement of your youth when you dodge trees and divots as you sled down a snow-covered hill. Check out volumeone.org for sledding hill suggestions.
If none of these options strike your fancy, why not try some of these suggestions from other UW-Eau Claire students that will be in town over break?

Keely Smith, sophomore: “I’m a music buff so I’m going to hang out in the record store on Barstow if I can.”
Alex Praschak, senior: “Try out new establishments that (me and my roommates) hear of
with good deals.”