I want to be MTV MADE

The show “MADE,” made popular by MTV, stopped by UW-Eau Claire Nov. 7 to interview interested students for the possibility to appear on the show and have their dreams turned to reality.
Though the winner has not yet been selected, one of the students interviewed on campus last week will have their chance on the reality show to live their dream.
For those who do not know what “MADE” is, the MTV show is a self-improvement series that helps teenage kids achieve a lifelong dream or goal. They are equipped with a “Made Coach” who is an expert in the field that the teenager is interested in, and that coach helps him/her every step of the way.
For example, senior social work major Rachel O’Neil wants to be a professional bull rider.
“Honestly, it is a deep dark passion of mine,” O’Neil said. “I thought it would be something unique and fun and a little crazy that maybe they would be interested in.”
O’Neil also said that she thinks she has a chance to be the one chosen, but doesn’t want to get her hopes up.
“The (interviewer) had told me that it sounds really, really interesting and started asking me about what my plans were for after college,” she said. “He said that I really got him thinking and that he was starting to brainstorm.”
O’Neil had said when she heard that “MADE” was going to be on campus there was no doubt she was going to go.
Sophomore public relations major Micaela Haupert, on the other hand, said she went to the interview on a whim after her sorority sisters persuaded her to go.
Haupert is a fan of the show and when she heard “MADE” was coming to campus, she thought it would be interesting and sounded cool to do an interview.
Another difference between O’Neil and Haupert is their choice of what they wanted to be transformed into. In contrast to bull riding, Haupert tried a more glamorous route.
“I want to be a Victoria’s Secret model,” Haupert said. “Hey, I walk around in a bathing suit all the time so it’s not a big deal.”
The student who impressed the interviewers with their ideas and their dream the most will supposedly be getting a phone call letting them know that they have been selected to appear on “MADE” Wed, Nov. 14.
If selected, the show and its producers will follow the individual around Eau Claire for a portion of the show and will then have about a two-week time frame to make the student a pro with the help of the “made coach”, Haupert said.
Senior public relations major Brittany Trangsrud also interviewed to appear on “MADE,” but the opportunity sort of just fell in her lap.
“Honestly, I was just sitting in the organizations complex and they had that application,” Transgrud said. “I kind of decided why not take the opportunity.”
Unlike bull riding and Victoria’s Secret modeling, Trangsrud wants to spit some rhymes.
“I interviewed to be a beat-boxing hip hop dancer,” Trangsrud said.
“MADE” will be choosing their winner soon and all three of these girls have a common goal; they want to be the one chosen to appear on MTV, whether that be for beat boxing, bull riding or modeling.