UWEC style profile

We’re in the midst of fashion weeks around the world. While the fashions that designers are showing now are for next spring, Blugolds can keep on top of trends without the price or unnecessary bother of looking like they just stepped off the runway.
Here are some of the top trends, adjusted just for you.

Women’s fashion:

The boxy silhouette: The anti-form-fitting dress that has popped up everywhere recently,  known as the boxy silhouette, made it’s appearance on the Chanel runway. On the runway everything is overdone, so avoid looking like a literal box and pick just one boxy item to wear, like a jacket. A boxy jacket (perhaps in an “it” color) will keep you warm, and would contrast great with a pair of skinny jeans.

Sheer: The filmy top is becoming popular, but once November rears it head in Wisconsin, no one would fathom wearing this summery top. Think again. A flirty sheer blouse paired with a heavy knit cardigan can keep you warm but can also keep you looking chic. For those days where the weather is in-between cold and boiling, choose a sheer blouse with long sleeves to show just enough skin but still stay warm when the breeze blows.

Men’s Fashion:

Bomber and baseball jackets: Designers like Neil Barrett brought out bombers and baseball jackets in all fabrics and colors. While these jackets are staple pieces you can easily emulate the color choices in designers’ collections now by pairing  your basic black or blue bomber with a shirt in a burnt red, a hot color in the Diesel Black Gold spring 2013 men’s collection, or a lightweight striped sweater, which made an appearance on the Emporio Armani runway.