Off the rack: spring break

If you’re like me, you will be spending your spring break in the Midwest snuggling up the fire, watching endless amounts of movies and hyperventilating because of the highly anticipated Hunger Games movie premiere (which comes out near the end of spring break).

If you are cooler than I am — which you probably are — you have much more interesting plans for the week. Keep in mind these essential pieces when planning your

spring break packing, and it will help you leave room for all the great purchases you will find while on vacation.

Two to four swimsuits in bold prints and colors are sure to make you stand out in a crowd of thousands of college students. Mixing and matching your tops and bottoms will make great combinations and will help you create enough options for the entire week.  Victoria’s Secret, Aerie and Urban Outfitters have great selections and some pieces are already on sale!

A belted shirt-dress, patterned sundress or a tank top and shorts combo are all options for trips to and from the beach, out to
lunch or while shopping.  A light nautical sweater paired with white cigarette pants, cuffed dark jeans or solid shorts and a navy blazer will help you transition well into the night for a romantic walk on the beach, a nice dinner or prowling the night scene.  A playful pair of flats or wedges, chunky gold bangles and a nice spring scarf are nice accessories to complete the outfit.

Some other accessories to consider packing include a fun pair of sunglasses with UV protection, a color-blocked canvas tote that doubles as a carry-on and a beach bag and a smaller clutch to keep your essentials safe while out at night will all help get you through your week. Also, don’t forget about sunscreen to protect you from the sun while basking on the beach.

Remembering to pack these essentials are sure to give you enough options for day and night during the week.  Plan each day ahead of time, pack early and double check to make sure you have everything needed to help guarantee a swift traveling experience.  So have fun, try new things (outfits and all) and please don’t come back with corn rows — we are not in middle school anymore.