Concert preview: Shoeless Revolution

Born in La Crosse, the band Shoeless Revolution will be returning to Eau Claire in support of their newest album From The Inside Out this Saturday at The House of Rock, 422 Water Street.

Shoeless Revolution originated in 2005, when drummer Reed Grimm got offered a concert at the Cellar, the restaurant venue where bands come to play at the UW-La Crosse campus, said guitarist Eric Streske.

“(Grimm) put together a band with his friends and from there the band became Shoeless Revolution,” said Streske.

The album From the Inside Out is the second released by the band, who previously released SPEAK UP in 2008. Streske said both albums received positive feedback from the public.

“So far everyone seems to just love both albums,” he said. “We are really happy with the response we’ve been getting.”

Streske said a lot of their songs are about daily life and dealing with the problems they have, such as “having too much junk in their car,” and not about “girls breaking our hearts,” he said.

Also, for Streske, the band’s music is a mixture of rock, pop and funk.

“It’s very groovy,” he said. “We try to make it singable so it’s really recognizable by people.”

Shoeless Revolution has been all over the Midwest for the past five years and even taken a trip east to play a show in Buffalo, N.Y.

Now back in Eau Claire, Streske said the concert at The House of Rock will have a high level of musicianship and a lot of energy and interaction with the crowd. Streske said one of the biggest things the band strives for is to make the crowd part of the performance.

“We are not just going to stand up there and play music and expect the crowd to stand there and clap,” said Streske. “We are going to get you all involved and we are going to make sure everybody has a great time.”