This week on Blugold Radio Sunday

Several upcoming events in the community and on-campus will be previewed on Blugold Radio from 5 to 9 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14 on 89.7 FM WUEC.  

Blugold Radio News, anchored at the top of each hour by News Director Kailin Schumacher, will look ahead to a performance by the UW-Eau Claire’s Wind Symphony at the Pablo Center at the Confluence, an “Ask an Indian” Panel on campus, the beginning of the 48-Hour Film Festival and many events relating to Mental Health Awareness Day.

Along with news event updates, Sunday’s broadcast by UW-Eau Claire students will include the following features:

• “Sunday Matinee” hosted by Tyler Tolan and Kyle Grokowsky will talk about “A Simple Favor” starring Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively. “A Simple Favor” has been staying at the top of the box office since its release on Sept. 14. Tolan and Grokowsky will discuss why.
  • Hosts Tyler Bee and Andrew Moen of “Rock Talk” will take a look at how not too many rock stars get famous from a statue form; however, Chris Cornell did. Bee and Moen also will discuss how Steve Perry ruled out any occurrence of returning back to Journey.
  • Joshua Krien will be covering the memorability of bosses and what makes a good boss fight in video games on “Homescreen on Air.”
  • “The Final Whistle” hosted by Jon Fortier, Tyler Bee and Shayne Holtzman will discuss two sport seasons: the Major League Baseball playoffs — including the Milwaukee Brewers’ first appearance in the National League Championship Series since 2011 — and the Beginning of the National Hockey League. The hosts will also make their predictions for the Green Bay vs San Francisco football game on Monday, Oct. 15.  

Blugold Radio Sunday provides entertainment and informative content in each week’s student-produced broadcast from the UW-Eau Claire.