Lea Kopke

More stories from Lea Kopke

October 17, 2018

Students had sexual relations in a Suburban, man gets caught sleeping on a lawn

Submitted

Submitted

The following information was obtained from UW-Eau Claire Police Department records.

Sneaky in a Suburban

At 12:55 a.m. Sept. 16, a campus officer was on vehicle patrol near the Priory when he noticed a Chevrolet Suburban parked near the garage on the building’s south side, behind a cluster of semi trailers.

Because this area is restricted — evidenced by a chain which blocks off the driveway entrance — the officer entered the area and directed his take-down lights into the cab of the vehicle.

The officer could see a male and female quickly putting clothing on. He waited until they were both dressed and approached the vehicle.

From his observations, it was clear to the officer that the two had sexual relations with one another in the car. He advised the individuals that the driveway was not a proper place for such activities and pointed out that their car was parked in a restricted area. The subjects apologized and confirmed the activities had been consensual.

The individuals were both identified as valid to drive with no prior criminal record. The officer again warned them against this sort of behavior and allowed them to leave the area.

A man and his bike

At 12:57 a.m. Sept. 18, a campus officer was performing active patrol around a neighborhood when she came upon a male subject laying in the grass in front of a house.

The officer observed that the subject appeared to be sleeping and was hugging a black and blue bicycle. She used her squad spotlight to illuminate the subject, and he quickly woke up and struggled to his feet.

The subject walked towards the officer, who observed him to be highly intoxicated. She could also smell a strong odor of alcohol coming from the individual. The officer noted that the subject had glossy, red, bloodshot eyes and dilated pupils. The subject was later identified to be of legal drinking age.

Through slurred speech, the subject said he lived at the residence and was able to correctly identify the address. He explained that his roommates had locked the door when they left the residence, but he had forgotten his keys inside.

The officer asked the subject whose bicycle he had been holding, and the subject responded that it belonged to one of his roommates.

During this exchange a car pulled into the parking lot and a male subject got out. He confirmed that the intoxicated subject was his roommate and that he would take care of him.

The officer observed the two use a key to enter the house, then cleared the scene.

Kopke can be reached at [email protected]

Lea Kopke, Staff Writer

Lea Kopke is a first-year journalism and German student. She spends her time getting coffee with friends and marching in the Blugold Marching Band. In the future she hopes to travel the world.