Police Blotter: 10.11.12

Yes ma’am! I am intoxicated
Saturday Sept. 29

At approximately 11:18 p.m., an officer was dispatched to a residence hall for an intoxicated male sitting in the hallway. Two other officers were sent to meet with the RA. She told the officers that on her typical nightly round, she found a “very intoxicated” man sitting against the wall in the fifth floor hallway of the hall. Another RA said the man had been carried into the building and was dragged into the elevator. The man would not respond to questions and just kept repeating his name.
The officers proceeded to the fifth floor where they found a group of males standing in the hallway. One of the officers approached one of the young men in the group, also a person who appeared to be “very intoxicated.” He said he was not a student and was visiting a friend not living in the residence hall. The intoxicated man responded to questions with “yes ma’am,” but would not answer until he was asked the same question several times. When asked where he lived, he would only say “1234” followed by his last name.
After a preliminary breath test, he scored a .19, but refused to go to the hospital. He was given an underage drinking ticket.

I wasn’t going to steal that bike; I was
running because I’m a little drunk
Friday Oct. 5

At approximately 2:29 a.m., an officer was driving eastbound on a campus street when he observed a male wearing a blue sweatshirt near a hall’s bicycle racks. As the officer drove closer, the man
began to run.
The officer continued to pursue the man on foot; the man tripped and fell to the ground. The officer took control of the individual and placed his hands behind his back. Another officer who was driving in the area assisted in handcuffing the man. When searched, nothing was found on the man, but the pursuing officer smelled a “strong odor of intoxicants” coming from the man.
When the man was asked why he was running, he said he was running because he thought he would be arrested. The officer asked him if he was about to steal a bicycle and if that was why he was worried about being arrested, and the man replied that he was not going to steal a bike.
The officer reported that the man had a difficulty comprehending what was going on. The officer gave the man a PBT and he scored a 0.25.
The subject agreed to attend a one-hour education session as a part of the Eau Claire County Diversion Program Agreement. He then requested a ride back to his house, which the
officer gave him.