Indoor track and field teams find success

The UW-Eau Claire indoor track and field team finished the Warren Bowlus Open Saturday at UW-Stout with five victories. The men’s team claimed four of the wins, while the women contributed the other.

Junior Tony Floyd and sophomore Cody Prince were two of the Blugold notables, taking first in the 60-meter hurdles and the 600-meter run, respectively. Sophomore Cory White also finished atop the leaderboard, clinching the first spot in the high jump.

The men’s fourth winner, sophomore Roger Steen, came away with a first place finish in the shot put for the second week in a row. His 16.56-meter toss this past weekend was over a meter ahead of the runner up.

The women’s team’s lone victory was in the long jump by sophomore Carly Fehler, who finished with a 5.22-meter effort. She was the only jumper to finish over the 5-meter mark during the competition.

Several women ended up just short of the gold. Senior Lindsey Haller finished second in the shot put while sophomores Evy Theisen and Calla Karl were runners up in the long jump and the 600-meter run as well.

Freshman Jessie Reineck and Fehler finished third in the 400- and 200-meter dashes, respectively.

Eau Claire will be competing next in the UW-Stevens Point Multi and Pointer Invitational this weekend. This is the fourth competition of the season for both teams.