Love potion number nine

Renee Rosenow

Reality check time. Our team is definitely not making it to the playoffs.

Our New Orleans running back Reggie Bush just went back to play after his knee surgery and gave us 3.04 points on Week 13.

Now Plaxico Burress, our New York Giants wide receiver, is done for the season. Burress shot himself in his right thigh over the weekend at a Manhattan nightclub and was suspended for the rest of the season.

Green Bay running back Ryan Grant missed half of last Sunday’s game because of a thumb injury, so even though the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says he looked OK in yesterday’s practice, I’m still doubting to start him for this week’s games.

So we have about three injured players that have contributed a lot of points to our team for the past 13 weeks.

With only one more week to go before playoffs, I don’t think we’ll be able to jump from ninth place to third or even fourth place.

Not only did we lose two weeks in a row, but we did it by a landslide. In Week 12 we lost, again, to the Mustard Lookers, this time it was 108.14 to 84.84.

In Week 13 we also lost for the second time to The Loose Poopmen, 115.25 to 49.46.

I think that as winter is making its way in, weather temperatures are decreasing along with our scores.

One of my friends in the league told me he didn’t make it to the playoffs the first time he played, but I was hoping I’d get lucky on my first time.

I guess I’ll just have to keep on reading about our player’s injuries, try to put the best team possible for this last week and hopefully beat the Paladins.

This possible victory could put us back in eighth place, and hopefully 463 Snaps & Counting will get crushed and maybe, just maybe we’ll end in the top three from the bottom.

Lozano is a senior print journalism major and sports editor of The Spectator. “Fantasy Virgin” is a column that appears every Thursday.