Blotter 12/13/12

Why do you have that man’s driver’s license?
Saturday, Dec. 1

At around 3:03 a.m., an officer wascontacted by a woman working the front desk at one of the residence halls, who received an anonymous complaint that there was a person seen walking around the building and looking into the windows.

While driving over to the building, the officer spotted a woman running. She continued to run past the main entrance and toward the parking lot. After driving into the parking lot, the officer saw a man leaning up against a door to the building. When the officer approached with the man, his eyes were glossy and “smelled of intoxicants.” The officer escorted them inside.

The woman then said that she was runningbecause her friend, the man leaning up against the building, would be waiting to get inside and she was coming from the other side of campus.

The man said that he had been walking around the building. The man showed the officer his driver’s license, but upon doing so revealed to the officer that he was carrying the driver’s license for his friend that lived in Eau Claire.

The man said he wasn’t using it to get into bars but admitted to having alcohol. He was underage.

The Eau Claire man was given no ticket, but has had prior history with the UW-Eau Claire Police Department.

Defrost and found
Wednesday, Dec. 5

At approximately 8:58 a.m., two officers were traveling on Clairemont Avenue and saw a Ford Taurus in the center lane that had a windshield completely covered with frost and it appeared that there was “no attempt to remove this frost has been attempted.”

After crossing the Chippewa River, the driver of the vehicle turned on the windshield wipers and then merged into the far left lane. The driver merged into the left turn lane and hit the curb and failed to yield to the right of way to a vehicle that was traveling westbound.

The officers then pulled the man over. When talking to the man, he admitted he could not see well outside the window, he was in a hurry to get to class and did not try to clear the windows. He was given a ticket for operating a motor vehicle with unclean windows.