Police Blotter: 12/06/12

Nov. 29
Military man’s food quest gets him citation

Around 11:30 p.m., an officer parked in the Haas parking lot. A student patrol employee was observing traffic as he noticed a male walking on the sidewalk of Water Street. The male walked toward the bike rack outside of the Humanities and Social Sciences building, crouching down and looking more closely at the bicycles. The officer watched as the man appeared to be manipulating something, but then got up and started walking through the Haas parking lot.

The officer drove to the man’s location and approached him on foot, asking him what he had been doing by the bike rack. He said he was looking because he had simply been interested in the types of bikes there were and clarified that none of them belonged to him.

The subject’s speech was slurred and mixed up his words as he spoke to the officer. He was asked if he had been drinking to which he replied no, that he was in the National Guard. The officer then asked the man if he had been taught military values, to which he answered positively and began to recite them. He then divulged that he had taken shots earlier in the night and was just going to Taco John’s on Water Street to get food to bring back to his dorm. The man was issued an underage drinking citation and departed for upper-campus.

Dec. 1
Full moon causes underage ticket

An officer was monitoring traffic on University Drive when he noticed the Safe Ride Shuttle Bus approaching and continued to watch as passengers were unloading by Towers South. As students filed out, the officer noticed two groups of people involved in what appeared to be a loud verbal argument. He observed some aggressive behavior and boisterous arm movements.

The groups went on like this for around one minute longer before dispersing, one set of students heading to Towers while the other group started toward Murray Hall. As he watched them walk back to their respective dorms, one student stopped and pulled down his pants and underwear, exposing his buttocks to the group and mooning them.

The officer then approached the student, identifying him by his driver’s license. He asked the student why he mooned the group. Replying with slurred speech and smelling of marijuana, the male said it was a stupid argument, and that they had been yelling about high school track competitions.

The student was informed of the citation of underage drinking given to him by the officer and was verbally warned for the mooning. Another officer arrived to administer a preliminary breath test. The student was cooperative and unapologetic during the encounter and the officer answered any questions the student had before he issued him the drinking citation and he then left for his residence hall.