photo E12ditorInChief2014_zps5114d570.png
Filed under Police Blotter

Police blotter: April 20, 2012

Police blotter: April 20, 2012

Stay glassy
Friday, April 20

Around 4 a.m., an officer was sent to assist an Eau Claire police officer on Franklin Street about an anonymous call saying people were arguing and that they heard gun shots.

When the officer arrived, a  man was leaving on a bicycle and seemed upset.  The officer took down the man’s information, and they went back to the house in question.  A window was broken, and there was glass on the ground in front of it.

The house was dark, and when the officer knocked, there was no answer.  The officer determined the glass may have been what the caller heard and cleared the scene.

Where there’s no smoke, there’s no fire
Thursday, April 19

Around 6:30 p.m., an officer was sent to Katharine Thomas Hall because the fire alarm was going off. However, there was no sign of smoke nor fire.

The alarm system showed that there was smoke on the east side of the ground floor, but the officer didn’t see any.

A fire engine arrived on the scene and after checking the building, the fire officer determined that it was a faulty alarm.  The campus police officer silenced and reset the alarm, which indicated a power failure.

Afterward, the officer contacted the after hours electrician, who said that as long as the alarm was reset, it could be fixed and taken care of the next morning.